Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Elderly Wisdom....


### An elderly man had difficulty in walking fast.... He was generally seen walking slowly especially in up and down areas as such a terrain used to strain his leg very easily....

One day he had to go with a young man to a certain area away from his place.... While returning it became dark and for some distance, there was no go for them other than walking as there was no transport.... The young man was hesitant to tell the elderly to walk that distance before they could catch some transport.... The elderly seeing his hesitance asked what the matter was and knowing that, instantly said that he could walk….Not only that, he started walking quite fast too and in time they both were in an area from where transport was available to their place....

The young man got astonished and asked him, “Sir! I saw you all the time walking quite carefully and with some support near rough terrain etc.... How is that here you walked so well even though the road was bad?”

The elderly smiled and said, “My dear! You have seen me all the while walking in my area where I am known, get support and well taken care of.... Here we are in a strange area with darkness and not many lights around further appearing a bit lonely too.... If by chance I am spotted as helpless, there may be thoughts in a few bad guys around to overpower me so that they can get something out of me…. Along with me you may also get into certain trouble.... Such people generally will not dare to do anything like that in my area as they know that I get full support and they would be caught…. This is the simple reason for this change in my attitude to quickly get away from this place, in spite of having the physical pain in me as I walked fast!”



### A retired man’s Services were sought for an honorary job in his vicinity of living....

“Sir! You have the valuable rich experience of life.... No doubt, the works you handled earlier have no relevance to our work, but I am sure, with the back up of your past experience in management of various life aspects, you will be able to do a great job for us.... We eagerly await for your valuable advice and guidance in our day to day problems…......” said the younger members around....

The aged man smiled and asked for a few days time to convey his decision....   After two days, he conveyed thus....“Based on my past experience in management of various life aspects, I decided not to take up this present task at my age in my own neighborhood!”

No comments:

Post a Comment