Friday, March 12, 2021

THE 'SMART' PERSONALITY AT WORK.. WHAT'S HE/SHE LIKE?


When the Great Man protesting for a Cause was arrested, subsequently acquitted of innocence and released, He refused to leave the Premises saying,
  • "Here the original purpose of my Protest is never met. What is the use of being out of this Place just because you decided to do so?"
When a man firms up and decides to be all into any Activity, that's the Spirit that works in him / her and the same does wonders around. Here, the Work Environment too is no exception..

The Saying goes..
  • 'It's not the General Manger’s Post that brings dignity to a person; it is the person that brings dignity to a General Manager Post!'
A 'SMART' PERSONALITY

'SHOULDERING FULLY,
MEMORIZING CONSTANTLY,
ADDING READILY,
RISING STEADILY &
TIGHTENING ENDLESSLY

THE 'SACRED FIVE' AT WORK Viz.,

### SHOULDERING FULLY THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB BY LOOKING AT BADGE AS OFTEN TELLING SELF WHAT EXACTLY IS ONE IN THE ORGANIZATION..

The Designation speaks of the basic responsibility I carry at my work. I may do few extras and help my Boss but I should never do anything jeopardizing that my basic responsibility. If at any time, I am questioned on my Authority, I should answer through my Designation alone like,
  • A Workman basically has to work,
  • A Manger has to manage,
  • A Supervisor has to supervise,
  • A General Manager has to do overall management,
  • A Designer has to design,
  • An Advisor has to advise etc..
### MEMORIZING CONSTANTLY THE 'INKED-IN'S WHILE ACCEPTING THE JOB FULLY REMAINING WITHIN THOSE LIMITS..

The Contract Rules clearly notify,
  • The Employer’s liability,
  • Terms and conditions of all the Payments,
  • Performance at Work,
  • Working hrs,
  • Holidays,
  • Leave and Overtime Rules and
  • Other General Welfare Measures
As per State Guidelines The knowledge of which is essential for smooth flow of work at any time..

### ADDING READILY TO THE BASKET ALL THOSE THAT COME THRU ALL ALONG FEELING PROUD OF THE NEW:
  • Change of job on rotation,
  • Timely promotions,
  • Acquiring additional qualifications and
  • Taking up vocational trainings during the employment tenure..
As..

The Employer through a Promotion is conveying or certifying to the world that I am a capable personality at work in respect of the Promotional Designation given to me. It is a feather in my cap and never should I miss it when it is due..

Higher qualification on the job is sure an asset as the present qualification a few times, may limit my growth. If finances permit, it's better I catch up one such qualification in my tenure..

Continuous up-gradation of Work Skills / Managerial Capabilities thru' the right Training is a must at work as a blunt knife does not cut for long and needs sharpening in between..

### RISING STEADILY TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE ORGANIZATION SAYING 'YES' TO ALL THOSE EXTRA OFFERINGS THAT COMEUP:
  • Transfers,
  • Outside Postings,
  • Temporary duties,
  • On-site duties etc.. 
That would come up during the employment period as such opportunities given to me indirectly to learn at a faster rate a lot in my work area and sometimes learning new things which otherwise may never happen and I should never miss the same at my work..

### TIGHTENING ENDLESSLY THE BELT KEEPING OFF FROM ALL THE POISONOUS PLEASANTRIES THAT TRY TO CREEP IN:

A joke heard in this context the credit of that 100% going to the Author of the same..

A tall building was rented out to the offices of a company and the fire officials conducted a mock drill to see that all people could vacate the premises in time as per the norms of fire dept. It so happened that the same evening as the close of shift alarm went off at 5 PM, the same people vacated the premises in much lesser time!

Let me look at myself on this one attitude at work.. In the long run,
  • All my employers sure brand me as not devoted to work and
  • My home gets no benefit as my family members have relaxed more as I was easily available for them..
Thus ultimately, I do good nowhere. Why not I straighten myself and come to my attention?

Those 'SACRED FIVE' together alone make me sure

THE SMART PERSONALITY

At work!

Keyword: WORK

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like amazing piece of advice. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayathri Lakshminarayanan for the appreciation on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete