Wednesday, March 2, 2016

WHEN DO I COME OUT OF THIS COCOON?


“My knee has a specific problem. It's not allowing me to walk fast as well as go down the stairs. Others have already started noticing this. I feel bad for getting into this problem at this age itself.. 

It appears, God is not kind to me!”

“Me too suffering from a similar problem. Of late, my shoulder and right hand are creating a problem and I'm not able to lift loads like earlier. I'm forced to handle lighter loads in a different fashion. None of my colleagues have this type of problem.. 

God is not kind to me too!”

“The other day, I had to travel by city bus. I somehow boarded one at..... but getting off at our stop looked almost impossible. I got down slowly at the next Terminus Stop and then walked back home. Truly pathetic situation.. I'm put down once for all.. 

Sad.. God is not really kind to us!”

“I too faced a similar situation last Sunday. That day, I purchased a few items from our Market and as I started walking towards the Bus Stop carrying the same, suddenly the right shoulder gave way and I could no more carry the stuff on that side. It was hectic to carry that load in the other hand, travel in the bus all along singly and reach home. Very difficult to get on like this.. 

Yes.. God is sure unkind to us both!”

“We got to do something here. But you see, I already sought the Medical Advice and I was told to go slow in life along with a routine treatment. Means in coming years, I've got to live with the problem and I can never do many activities. Presently everything is a mess. And no one understand's my difficulty.. 

I don't know.. Why God is punishing us both like this?”

“Yes.. We can't do much here. It seems I'm the only person among my colleagues having this peculiar problem. Every one else is happily going around with their full freedom of movement. Truly a bad situation.

I agree.. God has totally looked the other way here!”

Feeling thus, as the two friends of early 50s finished their works and were returning home, they could see a smart well dressed man overtaking them along with an elderly man..

The man in his late 20s with 

Neatly shaven face, 
Well groomed hair and 
Pleasant smile 

happily chit-chatting with the elderly well-wisher smiling in between to which the elderly too was responding with all warmth appeared to be asking the two men softly,

"Why don't you walk a mile in my shoe before making hundred complaints?"

The young man in his wheel chair with partially paralyzed right hand and right leg the elderly well wisher and care taker helping him out where required..  The two moved on gracefully and soon vanishing from the sight!

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

Keyword: COCOON

17 comments:

  1. Its this when we see other's plight we know how blessed we are, superb sir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta.. Very rightly said.. A nice observation!

      Delete
  2. When we observe other's misery, then we realize how lucky we are... :)Great post, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You exactly concurred on the point, Arpita.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Bhavani.. Happy to have such an appreciative comment on the Post!

      Delete
  4. Lovely article sir... it's in other's plight that we see how blessed we are.... strange but true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana for the appreciation.. Very rightly said.. Sorry, I saw the comment today only.. Squarely missed it almost for more than an year!

      Delete