Thursday, August 26, 2021

YES.. ONCE IN WAY, IT CLICKS!



The Customer rang up..
  • “The activities are starting at 0630 PM. The time now is 0600 PM. The Supplies have not yet come!”
The Supply man replied,
  • "Sir! We are on the way and we try come in time!”
The Customer was a bit annoyed. He rang up the Supervisor..
  • “Your people should have been here by 0600 PM itself. They are saying that they are on the way. By chance they get delayed on the way?"
The Supervisor said,
  • “Sir! No problem.. I'm coming there at 0615 PM itself and I follow up with my men!"
The Supervisor in turn rang up the Supply man, 
  • ”Where are you?”
  • “Sir! we are on the way and we'll be there only by 0645 PM!"
  • “Ok.. Try your best to come early.. The Customer is already angry!" 
Next he rang up the Boss and explained the situation. The Boss asked,
  • “Can all of you reach there by 0645 PM?”
  • “That is very easy, Sir! In fact, I'll be reaching 15 mts earlier as I'm ahead in traffic!"
  • “OK.. Be there at 0645 PM but tell the people there that you were waiting since 0615 PM and your men came there exactly at 0630 PM as per the Customer's wish!”
The Supervisor couldn't understand head and tail of what his Boss had said but just followed that. The Customer came to them at 0700 PM saying,
  • "Is everything OK?”
They again repeated the Boss's words..
  • “Good! Actually the activities start at 0730 PM but I just brought you in advance saying that it starts at 0630 PM!”
The Supervisor informed the Boss that finally everything was taken care of.. The friend with the Boss who was following all that asked,
  • "Dear! How could you manage all this with such an open lie?"
The Boss smiled and said,
  • "I saw the Customer going in front of our Office at 0600 PM in his vehicle. To reach his home, he takes 1hr min and that way he would be at home not earlier than 0700 PM. Without him the activities can't start. I estimated this and quickly told my folks to say that they were there in time. When the Customer reached at 0700 PM my people were already there, of course from 0630 PM and 0645 PM only..
I agree that there were many 'ifs' and 'buts' in this entire drama but I just took the calculated risk as there was almost no go there and luckily it clicked!” 

Keyword: time

No comments:

Post a Comment