Thursday, August 24, 2017

NO DOUBT, THE EQUALLY VALUABLE.. PARALLEL LEARNING!

It was the first day of his job for the young man from his college. His student behavior was still afresh on his face. He reported at the appointed hr in the Company Office typically known for its bureaucracy.


“Welcome! Mr ! Prakash! This is the first day of your job in our Company as well as in your life. As per your name, you are the ‘Glow’ and I feel you will definitely bring a bigger glow to our Company. Actually, I wanted to brief you on our Company's business, goals and the discipline.

  • Unfortunately I don't have much time and I have to go now for my 10 o'clock meeting with our GM. 

  • Our Manager will brief you on everything!”

Saying thus, the Chief guided him to the Manager's Cabin..

“Hello! I am Dinesh! I am the Manger here. Nice to see you. Let me start........."

Just then the telephone rang. The Manager answered the same and immediately turned to the young man and said, 

  • “Sorry my friend! It is an urgent requirement from our Customer and he is waiting in the Lobby. I have to go now. 

  • I'll introduce you to your Senior Colleague who will brief you on everything. Come with me!”
The Senior Colleague soon became familiar with the young man and showed him his seat.. 

“From today you can sit here. I’ll brief you now on..... Just a moment..”

Saying thus, he went out.. The young man waited there for 15 minutes.. Suddenly, there was a call on the Inter-com and as the young man took it, the Colleague at the other end said,

  • “Sorry! Dear! There is an urgent requirement to answer on the Product we delivered. I have to be away now. 
  • Can you meet Mr Devaraj, our Clerical Staff? I’ll tell him to hand over to you some documents and other papers of work related matters. You can go thru' the material and pickup something prima facie!"
Soon the young man met Mr Devaraj, who promised to give him the Material in half hr time. After 15 minutes, he came to the young man and said,
  • “Sorry! Just now, our Manager asked me to bring him the same Material for his reference. I have to go now. He is waiting..
  • Tomorrow Positively, I’ll give it you.. Okay?”
The day being over, the young man was out of his Office and soon reached Home.. The dad was waiting for his son..

“What did you learn at your work?” 

He asked the tired son with all curiosity..

“Dad! I was introduced to all the people from the Chief to Clerical Staff and all appeared to be a nice persons. That way, my day went on well. I was supposed to learn something for the day and instead, I learned some other thing!"

"I don't understand!"

"In this Company, the Bosses/Senior Colleagues who are supposed to brief the beginners never find time to do that for a life time!”

Keyword: Bureaucracy

2 comments:

  1. Many companies even now lack the basic spirit of induction and welcoming the new employee to the organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Rightly said Rajeev.. And it continues.. It is indirectly expected that the new comer learns by himself/herself most of the times.. Thanks for the supportive comment on the Post!

      Delete