Friday, May 28, 2021

'SACRIFICE'..WHAT'S IT LIKE?


I visited few libraries searching dictionaries for the meaning of 
Sacrifice;
The meaning given there couldn't be understood beyond.. 

I went thru' lot of fiction material related to
Sacrifice; 
The concept was seen still evading me..

I discussed in depth about 
Sacrifice
With the learned personalities;
Their wordings made me more confused.. 

I questioned the wise earnestly about
Sacrifice; 
I couldn't make out what they talked.. 

I travelled here and there searching for
Sacrifice; 
That search was not of use to know it in full.. 

I probed Nature around for
Sacrifice
In total solitude;
I was near to it and equally I was away from it .

I visited the few Monasteries to know what is
Sacrifice; 
I got silence alone as the answer..

I visited  few worshipping places in the process to understand in total what 
Sacrifice
Is; Gods too were not ready to bless me that..

Feeling dull, I returned home and I knocked on the door.. As
MY MOM 
opened the door for me with a welcome smile on her face
THAT GOLDEN MOMENT
was seen laughing at me saying..

'How could you forget and go round endlessly searching for the meaning of the simple word 
'SACRIFICE', 
when the very 
LIVING EMBODIMENT OF THAT;
your 
MOTHER 
was in front of you 
All these years incessantly working for your uplift and betterment
bringing you up from 
NOTHING 
To
WHAT YOU ARE TODAY?' 

Keyword:
SACRIFICE

16 comments:

  1. I got goose pimples reading this post sir - you couldn't have expressed better than this... beautiful, simply beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Archana.. That's too much praise.. Just a few humble thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Awesome, and the kids tends to understand her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the appreciation of the Message!

      Delete
  3. Short of words to say how awesome the post is sir,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thanks Somali.. Happy to have the Comments on these Pages!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post! So true this is. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great of you, Purba.. Thanks for the nice Comment!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Shoma for such an appreciative comment on the Post!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful words! Enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandhya for the good comment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  7. Excellent post sir. Deep and meaningful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashish for the lovely compliment on the post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you Rupam.. Thanks & wishes!

      Delete