Friday, October 26, 2018

THE BEST BOOK I READ IN MY LIFE!


That evening on a stroll, as one of the family members clicked the photo of my grandson 6+ on an ever loved achievement of his at school, I complimented him saying,

  • "Well done my boy!"
The boy waited for a moment and suddenly asked me,

"Grandpa! What's Truth? Mommy says Truth saves us everywhere!"

Taken a back a bit by such strange question from the little boy at that age, I quickly came to senses, remembered the Great Saint's words and in a loving tone told him,

  • "Dear! Truth is something soft like butter and hard like stone!"
The little boy in his own innocence quired immediately..

"You mean sometimes yummy and sometimes not?"

I was instantly amused by the boy's own understanding, soon diverted him to his play and beyond as I pondered over more on the topic, it struck me all of a sudden..

"Yes.. Everything in my life can't be addressed thru' Truth directly as it equal number of times becomes the direct threat to living and I need to be firm there on the immediate course of action in front and thus alone move in a constructive and practical way rather than aim at living thru' the Ultimate Philosophy Viz.,

'Brahma Satyam; Jagat mithya!'

As I started pondering over the topic further, I ran into a stream of my own thoughts which soon took a shape of certain poetical expression in me thus..

'Life is a series of 'ifs' and 'buts,'
Before I ponder over the 'if aspects' and firm up on the course of action to address that,
The 'but aspects' surface necessarily by my side forcing me make changes to my those plans..

Subsequently, as I start feeling comfortable with the complex plan I made,
My doubting mind soon brings forward not one but a bunch of 'if conditions' and
There too with all firmness as I try catering for those factors one by one, in no time equal number of 'but conditions' surface..

That way moving soon, I found myself lost to a feeling that
Nothing is guaranteed in this life
Which the next moment invariably forced me remain resigned to my fate feeling restless all along!'

No doubt, I needed immediate consolation there as I'm not that great and I couldn't absorb the Higher Level of Truth straight away..


That moment alone, the famous Verse of Srimad Bhagavad Gita (Verse 14, Chapter II ) came to my rescue which says..

'matra-sparshas tu kaunteya sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
agamapayino’nityas tams titiksasva bharata'


'The mere contact of senses as is, O Son of Kunti, cause heat and cold, pleasure and pain. They come and go and they are impermanent. Endure them bravely, O descendant of Bharata!'


And that further lead me to Verse 35, Chapter III of the Sacred Book which in no time boosted an indirect strength in me thru' the assurance of practical living..

'Shreyan swadharmo vigunah paradharmaat swanusshthitaat
Swadharme nidhanam shreyah paradharmo bhayaavahah.'


Meaning..

'Ever safe is one’s own duty than the duty of another even well discharged. Better is even death in one’s own duty than the duty of another full of fear!'

With an answer there thru' Verse 39, Chapter X saying that the Lord is all..

'yac capi sarva bhutanam bijam tad aham arjuna
na tad asti vina yat syan maya bhutam karakaram.'


Meaning..

'O Arjuna! Whatever is the root cause of all living beings I am that and there is nothing which is moving or stationary (on the earth) that exists without me!'

And that again lead me to arrive at Lord describing Himself and advising thru' Verse 33, Chapter XI thus..

'tasma tvam uttistha yaso labhasva
jitva satrun bhunksva rajyam samarddham
mayaivaite nihatah purvam eva
nimitta matram bhava savyasacin.'


Meaning..

'Therefore arise for battle O, Arjuna.. You will gain here fame by conquering the enemy and getting back your kingdom. All these warriors had been slain by a previous design and you are merely instrumental here in doing that!'

And finally closing with a 100% assurance thru'

Verse 66, Chapter XVIII..

'Sarva dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarvapapebhyo moksayisyami ma sucah.'


'Relinquishing all ideas of righteousness (the right and wrong as known to you), surrender unto me exclusively; I will deliver you from all sinful reactions (what your mind proposes), do not despair!'

The whole in total, instantly showed me the right path as I live thru' this complex life which appears simple many times and but when started facing the hard facts of the same not really so..

No need to say here that that Sacred Ancient Book, Srimad Bhagavad Gita beyond, remained forever 100% the Best Book of my life!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt Which book in your life touch your soul the most and you want to read it again and again, yes that very special book that made you fall in love with reading ? #BestFriendBook

Keywords: Best, Friend, Book

6 comments:

  1. Agreed.. It is said that one can always find a solution of every problem in his life in Shrimad Bhagvat Geeta, indeed like a true friend always being there in our life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the exact message I tried to convey here thru' the Post, Vartika.. Thanks for the appreciation and wishes!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Abhijit.. Sorry I saw the comment on the Post today only and hence the delay in replying to it!

      Delete