Tuesday, December 18, 2018

STORY WRITING.. WHAT'S IT LIKE?


The Great Philosopher cum Saint wished to tell about His Perceptions of Life to few people around 'As Is'..

He approached the knowledgeable, the ruler, the man in business and the workman in that context..

The knowledgeable said, "I'm the storehouse of knowledge.. 


Why not you listen to what I say?"

The ruler said, "I hold power in all matters.. 

Why not you praise me as great?"

The man in business said, "I do the best business in my field..

Why not you tell me something that makes my business still better?"

The workman said, "I'm tired beyond with my work and there's no energy to listen to anything.. 

Why not you leave me for a while?"

The Great Saint said to Himself, "None wants this knowledge.. 

Let my Perceptions get digested within me alone!"

Seen thus, telling or writing something which is acceptable to many becomes more fiction with traces of reality in between because truth 'As Is' is never palatable for an ordinary mortal a 100%..

Taking this factor into account, a writer should write to the requirement of the world making his/her writing highly interesting ultimately streamlining the thoughts of his/her readers towards glimpses of truth that do good the world..

Considering such a requirement of world alone, the Great Saint Veda Vyasa wrote the Great Epic Story of Mahabharata depicting therein at every stage.. 

A particular goodness that can accrue to world by following certain discipline in life simultaneously bringing out the damage that can come by breaking such rules and embracing a callous attitude!

That Sacred Book of ours sure becomes one of the Original Story Writing Materials along by the side other similar Great Books written by Great Authors of contemporary times..

Thus seen, story writing is an art with me and that art is ever specific to me based on mainly 3 parameters..

My own level of perception of Truth,

My past experiences of life 


And

My ambition or thrust in me to express myself at the moment!

The Absolute Truth is unknown to me at this point of time and what is known to me at the moment is a Spec of that Original Reality alone..

Thru' that understanding alone, I'd like to speak out but the experiences of my life in the past will influence me therein

The pleasant ones most of the times making me project life in future as optimistic and a few times saying sarcastically

And

The unpleasant ones most of the times making me project life with caution and a few times saying with an imagination

Whatever, my story writing for ever is a combination of these 3 aspects of my life and it's ever a sacred duty with me to live my life at that level only

Forever limiting my story writing within the limits as per the law of the land!

The Great Saint too, when wished to embrace spirituality was advised by His Master to live mundane life to full and then alone embrace the Sainthood..

He accordingly took birth in royal family, lived a full life of king discharging all the related duties and then alone became the Saint!


Seen in that context, 

The life in front of me is sacred in it's way, 
The duties assigned to me as human being on the earth sure have to be discharged by me to the core,
I should learn a lot in the process about the good and bad of life 

And finally if done thus,

Those experiences of my living together with certain fiction added therein to keep up a grip in my story writing alone would bring out good stories from my end

If I am a true story writer!

The Post is written in line with the IndiSpire Prompt Must story writers pick up incidents from their own life or create everything in their imagination? Where do good stories really begin? #StoryWriting

Keywords: story, writing

2 comments:

  1. We see life around us through our eyes and interpret with our mind. Limited as we are, our experience may be tainted by our mind and our story may accordingly vary from experience to experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rightly said Abhijit.. I forever see the world thru' my colored glasses alone whatever I may feel within that I became perfect and that's the only way in front of me to tell back to the world that is known to me. The difference between truth and untruth is known to me thru' this self expression alone and at this level alone I should try telling/writing of course within the legal boundaries of the law of the land. Thanks for the good comment on the Post!

      Delete