Tuesday, December 4, 2018


THE FUNDAMENTAL DISCIPLINE IN LIFE.. 
WHAT IT'S LIKE?


A gentleman was traveling by train..


An old man sitting next to him had some conversation with him for a while and then requested him to lend him some money. He promised to return the same by MO back when he would go home..

The gentleman instantly gave him that money with a smile. The old man took the money along with his address and contact No and thanked him. Soon his destination arrived, he got off and walked out..

A co-passenger who was observing all that asked the gentleman,

“Sir! The old man might have tricked you. Where's the guarantee that he would send you back your money? You never asked his phone No nor address to follow up!”

The gentleman smiled and said,

Dear! I have a 10 point discipline in my heart which I'm sure I can follow 100% if I am truly attentive in my life and that is..

  • When I am ready to do my basic body maintenance works as much as possible myself never expecting the person next to me to help in that, 
  • When I simply do my duty assigned to me in total in respect of the other man in my life even if he/she feels not necessary to do so, 
  • When I start seeing distinctly the difference between the 'Responsibilities' and the 'Likes' of mine as I deal with the individual next to me, 
  • When my life can always go happily with something 'less' than my actual eligibility in respect of the items consumed by me, 
  • When I am reasonably later in consumption and earlier in offering when in group of people, 
  • When I do not think of keeping too much for times I may never be existing, interacting or consuming.. 
  • When I talk as less as possible of what I had done in the past or what I am doing today in respect of a service to the other man, 
  • When I can talk more and more openly in front of the other man what I talked of that person behind and 
  • When I help my next person in his/her problem making sure that it doesn't create nuisance around and 
  • When I help my next person in his/her problem making sure that it's well within my means!'
I believe.. The Almighty ever tests an individual and evaluates how he/she rises to an occasion which indirectly makes him/her face the tougher part of life with more ease.. Here, I just checked my diary of discipline and accordingly only acted..


The old man seemed to be in reasonable need and not a man who is there to trick and take away monies from me. And what I gave too is well within my limits of giving!"

While getting off at his stop, the gentleman quipped,

"Dear! All my addresses and phone numbers are with the Almighty and leaving Him I can't move an inch anywhere at anytime..

When it's time for me to wind up from this world, all my accounts have to be settled with the Lord Who forever sees the

‘FAIRNESS OF ACTION!’

At every stage and I can never escape that Ultimate Assessment.. 

Here, I’ve just taken care of that too in the best way possible!”

Keywords: ACTION, FAIRNESS

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Mridula.. Happy to hear such an appreciation!

      Delete
  2. There are people out there who tricks and because of them we suspect the genuine one in difficulty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, There are equal number of Tricksters too who cause nuisance around.. But still we should never leave our attitude of helping the next man to a reasonable level as that is all always the duty of any Grihastha in this world! Thanks for the observation..

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful write-up sir :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana.. Here the giver was my eldest brother who is no more and he narrated to me the incident.. Other part, I just added to make the story complete!

      Delete
  4. Fairness of Actions keeping in mind the ultimate assessment is the key. Well explained with the story sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Somali.. Your Comment is truly a booster to the Post.. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Inspiring! Beautiful principles that we must all try to incorporate in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation, Kala Ravi.. Happy to have the same on the Post!

      Delete