Thursday, January 24, 2019

BEING GREAT.. WHAT'S IT LIKE?


That evening, it was the distant video call from the daughter's family. The 7+ little one was on the other end. The talk continued for a while with grand parents and other members of the family. Suddenly, the boy said to a family member,

"You are not great!"

Quite surprised with the little boy's comment, the family member asked..

"Why do you say that, dear?"

"Many people do not know you. Only we know!"

Replied the boy..

"Okay.. Is grandpa great? He is doing a lot for you!"

Asked the member..

"No.. He is also not great. Many people do not know him. We only know him!"

Again replied the boy firmly..

"Yes, dear.. That's because, we give you everything and we have nothing to give to others. Otherwise we would have become great!"

The family member said in a witty way..

"Okay.. From tomorrow, we'll start giving to other boys also along with you. We then become great!"

Another member said to amuse the boy..

"No.. No.. Don't do that.. You are great.. Give every thing to me only!"

Said the boy, with an instant worry feeling clearly seen on the face. The grandpa intervened and said,

"Dear.. You call us great or not we'll give all things of ours to you only. Are you happy?"

"Yes.. Grandpa.. Promise!"

"Yes, dear! It's a 100% promise from my end. But you too should also promise me one thing!"

"What's that, grandpa?"

"A small portion of it, we'll share with other children!"

"How much?"

"You know percentages.. 10% of that. Is that okay?"

"We'll give more!"

"Okay.. I agree.. A little more.. Are you happy now?"

"Yes.. Grandpa.. You are really great!"

"Yes, dear.. You are also a good boy because you agreed to give. God Bless you!"

"Okay, time up.. Say bye to all.. Study time now!"

The mom reminded her boy with a smile.. The boy happily bid bye to all and ended the call.. The grandpa turned to the family members and said,


"Dear.. What our Little One initially said about me is 100% right. I'm really not great because
  • Great Men and Women of the earth had straight away done that giving without any demarcation of mine and not mine and as I speak of them at any time, the only words I can use are..
'THEY ARE FOREVER GREAT!'

As I look at myself, deep in my heart at this moment, I am interested to give to my own people alone.. Seen this truth as is, the Great Personalities of the Earth have framed for ordinary people like me a certain discipline of

  • Defining an individual as own person thus enabling him/her to receive all those eligible
TIME, MONEY AND ENERGIES..

Here, I need to go a long way up rising sure infinitely at what point of time,

  • The difference between mine and not mine becomes 'NUL' with an individual, making him/her ready to give 
EVERY TIME, EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE!
  • Seen thus today, the Little One's words about me truly stand to this truth only as he firmly said that..
I AM NOT GREAT!"

Keyword: GREAT

6 comments:

  1. Nice post. Yes we demarcate between us and them. May be that is human nature. For a householder in among Hindus, it is said that a portion of household income should be set aside for donation among the less privileged. The tradition had gone away. May be it is making a comeback again. But giving to others is not necessarily to be known in the community. It is more to fulfil commitment to society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving such an explanatory comment on the Post on the topic, Abhijit.. Truly interesting and educative comment.. From which ever angle seen, I am always limited and thus the duties with me take over and fully discharging the same, truly elevates me in this life, of course limited alone as the ignorance with me is too thick to get off from me in total.. But that's the only life that is known to me and doing justice for that life in front 100% is the only way known to me as my rising in life.. A nice comment on the Post, to say once again.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. Nowadays it is said," when you are giving to other, keep the camera at home". It implies that when one donate it should be done without creating fanfare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Kalpana.. Giving forever is be done wholeheartedly expecting no gain in the process and that giving our Sacred Books have defined well within one's means alone never neglecting the interests of the self.. Thanks for a good complimentary comment on the Post!

      Delete
  3. This post sums up a lot of things. Kids now-a-days are super-thinkers and think the right way, they teach us lessons for life :)
    I would not say I'm perfect but I help needy ones around if doable from my end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and appreciation on the Post, Varsha.. As you said, kids sure teach us many things as truth many times is spontaneous from their lips except when the basic self protection needs surface.. A nice comment here!

      Delete