Tuesday, January 8, 2019

NO DOUBT, CHILDREN ARE FOREVER CHILDREN ONLY!

That evening, as the grandpa and the boy of 7+ were outside their house, suddenly the little boy asked..

  • "Grandpa! You are retired and you don't go to Office like others.. Where do you get your money?"
The grandpa smiled and said,

"Dear! I worked in my Company for 40 yrs and they saved for me a huge amount and gave to me when I retired!"

  • "But that'll be over if you spend!"
"Dear! I kept that money in my bank and they give me every month some money called interest. That, I use for my living!"
  • "Is that enough for you?"
"Dear! We don't need much money other than eating and buying small things and that is enough for us! When we are not well our insurance is there for doctor going!"
  • "What about inflation?"
"Oh! You know inflation?"
  • "Yes.. Daddy told me that prices go up!"
"You are right.. For that, my bank gives a little more interest.. That may not be fully enough but eating and spending also becomes less as we grow old!"
  • "How does bank give you money?"
"They give it to people who do business and take more from them. They keep something for them as their salary and give us the remaining!"
  • "Why don't you give your money to business people who pay you more?"
"I don't know how to give them.. The bank knows.. That's why we keep money with the bank!"
  • "If your bank is not there, you will not get this money?"
"Our government always keeps banks for us to save our moneys with them and earn interest. Like that so many people keep money in the bank, that big money government uses for good things!"
  • "In turtle land, it's different.. There no turtle retires.. All turtles work all the life.. There are no banks there..
  • Grandpa.. You know.. My turtle at home is waiting to play chess with me.. Come on.. We will go inside now and play chess.. Let us see who will win today!"
Saying thus, the little boy pulled his grandpa into the house.

In no time, the boy was seen into his active game of chess with his pet turtle toy all along screaming aloud on the movements he made on the chess board!

(The turtle land was the imaginary world of the child where the turtles alone live and the boy strongly believed that his pet turtle soft toy had come from there to their house)!


Keyword: CHILDREN

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful snapshot of your conversation with your Grand son! He seems to ask very intelligent questions.
    Children will be forever children! I always hear this from my parents and grandparents - "however old you become, for us you are the same child you have always been!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rightly said, Kislaya Gopal.. The child's behavior is forever unique. That innocence is truly the gift of God. Thank you very much for the compliment and the appreciation.. Wishes!

      Delete