Friday, May 24, 2019

THE TRUE MEANING OF AN OPPONENT..



The Nature around is too powerful and does not listen to me.. Is it my opponent?


That night as I went to sleep with so many thoughts of concrete action to answer few people of my life who robbed my peace for the past fortnight and made me feel utterly miserable..

I had a strange dream where in the Father of the Nation appeared in my dream and asked me to take Him and show Him how the places of His country are..

I instantly found the best opportunity to show the places of those few people of my city who were ready to trouble me if given a chance..

"Bapuji! The man who lives here, is my distant Relative.. The other day he rang up and straight away blamed me for not co operating with him saying..

  • 'Dear! I never thought you behave like this. I just asked you a small help, that too....'
The man who lives here, is my client. The other day he shouted at me for no fault of mine when I visited him in his office saying..
  • 'My dear! Look.. You don't know me. If I take this phone and make one call to your CEO, you know..!'
"The person who lives here is my Boss. Today he gave me back without listening a word from me for getting a reprimand from the Client saying..
  • 'Don't tell me the Client is wrong. He need not talk to CEO. I myself....'
Here lives my Sub-ordinate of a certain muscle power. A few days ago he showed his finger at me and said..
  • 'I expected you Sir, to rescue us. But I never thought you play a game and....!'
This is the house of that great man called my neighbor. Yesterday, he unnecessarily commented on my behavior saying,
  • 'We expected a minimum decency in our Community from your side. I suddenly noticed....'
And on this road alone a stranger pointed out me the other day for asking him to be a little decent saying,
  • 'Hi! I thought you to be a gentleman and you are questioning me here? if you talk one word....'
I was about to give back for pointing me out unnecessarily in all those places but my mind alone reminded me of Your advice and asked me to remain cool there all along consoling me,
  • 'These people will get back each one's due soon!'"
Bapuji looked at me, smiled and said..

"Dear! I never said not to give back whatever turmoil be in your mind. Instead the concrete action of giving back sure would have taught you more in your life. What I said all along my life was..

Let it be

The distant Relative,
The Customer,
The Boss,
The Sub-Ordinate,
The Neighbor or
The Stranger on road
,

Why not you lessen yourself reacting here in the usual way of supporting yourself in the situation and instead straight away firm up with a single thought in your heart..

'This moment, the so called Opponent in my life is no way the man to be kept away as

  • He/she is my person only continuously associating with me in this life max and
  • Is not angry with me but expressing his/her own difficulty or pain more verbally
For which I am alone indirectly responsible even if I am sure I had done my job well..

If seen at greater depth, all these interactions are indirectly my own need and so

Let me be patient here,
Let me sincerely listen to the grievance of the aggrieved party and
Let me equally and readily start doing the best in that line to help him/her!'

If you try following such discipline,

You are sure with me, as you are truly helping the Creation to redress their day to day problems in a concrete way!"

I suddenly woke up from my dream and as I looked at my watch it was showing 6 AM with the twilight of morning sun falling into my room through the window. Simultaneously from distance, the famous Gujarati Prayer was heard on the loud speakers of the Monastery melodiously sung in chorus..

'Vaisnava janato tenekahiye
jepida parayi janere
para duhkhe upakara kare to ye
mana abhimana naane re....'


The Post is written in line with this week's IndSpire PromptMahatma Gandhi comes in your dream and asks you to take him around? Which places would you take? What would be his reaction to the 2019 India & your explanation? Write your imaginary conversation with MG. #GandhiReturns

Keyword: Opponent

6 comments:

  1. I would take Bapuji to the Parliament and show him around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really a good idea, Kalpana.. The seat of one's true freedom expression.. Thanks for the good comment!

      Delete
  2. You're right. "These people will get back each one's due soon..." isn't the sort of conclusion that is Gandhian at all. Nice post, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arvind for the appreciation.. You said it right.. Love it and wishes!

      Delete
  3. A good content .Bapu has a lot of people waiting to ask him so many questions

    ReplyDelete