Tuesday, June 18, 2019

IT'S BETTER SOON I END MY MURMURING HERE AND CONCENTRATE!



"My Boss never leaves me for a moment. How can I do any personal work that comes up during the active day?"

  • Work priorities forever override many of personal works except the welfare oriented ones. They necessarily have to be delegated to someone else; no go!
"Why's there no incentive bonus this month with no annual bonus announcement so far?"
  • Quality work turnout against the book order with saving in standard man hrs in the month is the basis for paying monthly incentive. And profits earned after sale of production is the basis for annul bonus announcement. No other trick works here!
"My job pays peanuts. I'm struggling day and night and getting a pitiable amount by month end!"
  • Remuneration is broadly related to value addition using one's capabilities to meet the market demand and no other equation works here!
"My boss exactly catches me when I'm ready to leave after my defined shift hrs and he never stops doing that!"
  • Overtime stay at work is precisely either to meet the customer’s need or to cover up my deficiency for lapse in timely deliveries and a negligent ‘No’ there can create a sure havoc!
"After so many days of continuous work, I applied for 2 weeks off to go on holiday and my boss just rations that forcing me cut my leave. If I ask a bit firmly he says, 'Forget about the sanctioning, I can even ask you comeback in the middle of your vacation canceling the sanctioned leave if required!'"
  • Leave from work creates a deficiency in business and there is no way there other than minimizing the same if required!
"I'm off for 2 weeks for training. It's a wonder my Management suddenly asks me stop such urgent works I do and go for this? What wonders this training will do except that I comeback and do my same work?"
  • To get trained on job during working period is imperative to accommodate the fluctuations of demand in the market for the existing skills and that has necessarily to be undergone, if necessary at the cost of personal finances too sometimes!
"They all talk a lot but I got nothing during my difficulty as compensation except the basic pay. All other monies are lost because I could not work!"
  • Welfare at work, the constitutional provision is a safeguard for all eventualities, would always be at a minimum maintenance level and never beyond that at any time!
"I resigned from the present hectic Job as I needed some rest and more time to do some of my essential works. I wish to take up the next job in a short time!"
  • Continuity of job is the most important aspect of work life and an official declaration of gap in the Career for no valid reason is just suicidal!
"What's the use of my promotion? They posted me to the remote jungle area where even for a match box, one has to go a mile!"
  • Being promoted to higher responsibility in career has to happen in time and any delay there is truly detrimental to the continuity of job and future promotions!
"The final point here.. You can't believe any one in this environment. Speak one word, in no time the same is modified for personal advantage and presented to boss who simply believes it. And if that happens in front of the customer?"
  • Work environment is virtually a war zone, it's a blessing that there one is only on the frying pan and not in the fire. How effectively that atmosphere is managed towards smooth functioning is basically a skill of the employee alone, nothing else!
Keyword: Work

10 comments:

  1. On the dot - Perception vs Reality. Very true - Long hours seen as a mark of dedication is actually either to meet the Customer’s timely need or to cover up my deficiency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Somali.. These are the basic truths behind work which invariably ultimately many times overrule all other decisions of ours..

      Delete
  2. Great read sir... reminded me of my corporate stint... and the games people play... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Archana.. The typical Corporate Games truly control our work life.. And this Scenario is bound to stay here! Thanks for the nice Comment..

      Delete
  3. Good insights coming from a veteran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prerna for the appreciation.. Happy to have the Comment!

      Delete