Saturday, November 30, 2019

THE SOCIAL THOUGHT STREAM.. HOW SHOULD THAT BE LIKE?



"When the self becomes too much with you apply the following test.. Recall the face of the poorest or the weakest man/woman whom you may have seen and ask yourself, if the step you are going to contemplate is going to be of any use to him/her. Will he/she gain anything out of it? In other words.. Will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions!"

-- One of the last Notes left behind by Mahatma Gandhi expressing his deepest social thought.. Source : Mahatma Gandhi (Last Phase, Vol 2, P 65)

I am a bundle of desires..

This moment, the reality is that those desires together alone is called the specific 'ME' I often talk of myself..

This 'ME' of mine cannot negate/destroy me at any time as that is how I exist on this earth..

Our Scriptures and Great Personalities of the world never thought less of such a 'ME' with a human being and they all the time advised all to take care of that 'ME' of theirs to such a level that immediate as well as future safety of that 'ME' is 100% ensured..

Thus, having understood the Great Philosophy of protecting 'ME' in the right direction, the same Great Men and Women again asked us not to rest there as

The Original Purpose of Life of a Human on the Earth

Being elevating himself/herself to a level of much higher stability and peace than one can think of at his/her mundane level, set his/her sails in that direction and move on steadily in the so called one life given to him/her by the Almighty..

To do that, a small percentage of sacrificing the 'ME' of mine has necessarily to take place and there no other work can do that wonder..

That percentage can vary depending on the individual's perception of life but invariably starting at 10% of my

Monies earned,
Time available and
Energy brimming within and beyond


According to my ease and will..

With less than 10% too, I can start doing that but 10% never produces no great strain on me and in place the peace I secure sure out weighs what I've foregone..

In the process of foregoing 10% of my money, time and energies towards the other man,

The Philosophy of Life has equally stressed

Not to Gain anything back as gaining back sure nullifies my giving away and soon takes me to a point where I'm really not giving but grabbing only..

Seen thus, the social media around me thru' which I actively interact with the society around day and night as a hobby should truly comprise of

Caring,
Praying for the betterment and if possible
Extending physical help to the other man..


When my social media interactions basically do not satisfy this requirement, I'm sure I am unsocial alone in all those interactions as I

  • Don't want truly the welfare of the other man and beyond

  • Want to turn every helpless situation of the other man into a greater opportunity with me to grab materialistic benefits both in cash and kind as much
And thus move on in my life aimlessly!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt # Is social media making people more unsocial? #SocialMedia

Keywords: SOCIAL, THOUGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment