Sunday, August 14, 2022

TRULY.. UNITY IN DIVERSITY!


No doubt, this is an old post but made suited for the new IndiSpire Prompt Edition 418 

one nation, one identity , one emotion... and I thought it was unity in diversity... #azadikiamrutotsav

With certain editing without touching the core message of the original post..

**** As a child in late 50s, I distinctly remember when we travelled to the Pilgrimage Centre in

EASTERN PART OF INDIA

And the moment we got down the train, 

One of the local guides

Started following us in spite of my dad firmly telling him to keep off continuing guiding us unasked. Strangely in the end while we were leaving the place, the guide asked for

'Nothing'

Allowing us to go freely. The instant thoughts with my parents were..

"He is truly God Send in the new place unasked. How can we close our Pilgrimage to the Place without rewarding such a hard working man?"

We soon paid him off his charges along with few tips and bid him bye taking his blessings too in the end!

**** In early 70s as a young man, I happen to travel down

SOUTHERN PART OF INDIA

And after finishing my job, I was returning by the night train with many people around me.. 

In no time, I went into deep sleep fully tired. In the morning as I got up, I found myself sleeping with my head resting on the lap of

An elderly man

Who seemed never moved in the night else I would have got up from my sleep. While getting down as I looked at him thankfully, the gentleman just

'Smiled'

In return and waved bye to me!

**** During my PG around that time in

NORTHERN PART OF INDIA

My mom asked me to get the marble Idols of Shrimathi Radha and Sri Krishna from that place. Accordingly one evening I approached,

A local pavement seller

Selling those idols and enquired the price which I heard him say sade sath..

I asked him to pack the 2 idols carefully and the man sincerely and patiently done all that manual packing and handed over to me with a smile. I gave him a 10 Note and looking at that he got totally lost and immediately told me to pay Rs 750/-

Then only I understood what he said in the local way of conveying, instantly was ready for scoldings from the man as I could do nothing in the situation since my monthly scholarship itself was Rs 250/-. To my great surprise the man took back the idols politely saying to me,

'Koi bath nai.. aap jaayiye!'

**** Later in early 80s on a day during our stay in the

NORTHERN PART OF SOUTHERN INDIA

We came out of the theatre at 9 PM and were told that sudden curfew was imposed in our area due to communal clashes. As we were simply lost not knowing how to go home

An elderly auto rickshaw driver

Told us he could take us to our place as he could route his vehicle thru' inner roads avoiding main roads. I don't remember any thing beyond as the driver quickly entered inner lanes one by one avoiding main roads and for next 30 minutes it was total tension with us till we entered our colony from a small lane..

With a sigh of relief, as I paid the driver with some extra, he politely refused extra saying that he had just done his job. Subsequently thanking him as I asked him how he would go home, he smiled and said,

'Ham jayenge!'

**** Few years ago, we visited the city in

WESTERN PART OF INDIA

On holiday and the next day hired an auto rickshaw which on the way stopped at a signal for green. At that point of time,

The innocent young auto rickshaw driver

In conversation with us knowing from where we came asked..

'Aap ke city me single hai?' 

He meaning 'signal'..

Seen thus no doubt, I am born in a country of varied

Appearances,
Bondages,
Cultures,
Dresses,
Expressions and
Festivities

But the concept everywhere is

One Nation, 
One Identity, 
One Emotion 

Wherein the values of life are forever upheld in a unique direction with the person constantly rising as

A HUMAN BEING

Foregoing certain of own benefit. Truly a symbol of

UNITY IN DIVERSITY!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Post..

Variety is the spice of life. Let us celebrate India's diversity, the fascinating cultures, amazing clothes, scintillating festivals... #IndianDiversity

Keyword: UNITY, DIVERSITY

9 comments:

  1. Great and rich experiences.
    ABCDEF....and lots more in our land.
    Everything about India is so grand!
    Proud to be an Indian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Dr Anita Sabat.. We are unique in our own way.. Thanks for the compliment.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for the appreciation.. Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! Thanks for sharing Sreedharji!

    ReplyDelete