Wednesday, April 1, 2020

THAT SINGLE 'ONE THING' OF MY TOWN/CITY..


Long back, there was an occasion for me to go abroad for a long period for the first time..

Soon my travel to the new place took place and after relaxing for few days at home overcoming the jet lag, I started moving out everywhere seeing the surroundings and constantly interacting with the local people making a note of their customs and habits..

To my astonishment, I noticed people there maintaining number one discipline as they communicated to their next man carefully weighing each word they spoke..

Thus as I started going regularly to many places on visit or for purchase of the daily essentials, equally from my end too similar routine words used to come out of my lips during the interactions in the foreign land..

Thus passed 3 months of my stay at the new place and the newness having faded slowly, I as a seasoned personality of my place had slowly become a misfit in the new place with the 'inside of me' constantly craving for the deep rooted my familiar interactions and expressions at my place..

As I continued my stay beyond, it became so routine that I started repeating the required words without my knowledge and the person in front used vanish from my mind the next moment..

Soon, I became sick of the new place with no change and was living counting my days of stay there..

That day early morning, as usual I visited my shop to buy some essential items and was soon at the Billing Counter. Suddenly to my utter surprise, I heard a gentle voice asking me with all warmth,

"⇶⇪⍈⇐↴↧↠⇪⇪⍗⍐⍈⍇⭃⭄⭅⭆⥸⥺⥣⥶⬱⥻⥱⥦⥥🔀🔃⭅"

IN MY MOTHER TONGUE WITH THE ACCENT OF MY TOWN/CITY!

Hearing those words, I couldn't hide my emotions and instantly replied aloud equally with a great warmth in my heart to the surprise of every one around..

With the same accent in my mother tongue and thus continued the conversation beyond for a while to my heartfelt satisfaction and my mood lifted up..

Truly speaking,

THAT IS THE NO 1 THING OF MY NATIVE TOWN/CITY

Exclusively known to me with others being not aware of that and equally myself not knowing their own experience wrt their place exclusively known to them alone without a say!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt What is that one thing you would like to share about your village, city or state that many are not aware? Do you try to create awareness? #StateInfo

Keywords: city, town

8 comments:

  1. Conversing in our mother tongue is really a joy and a privilege.
    Nicely shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dr Anita Sabat for the appreciative comment on the Post.. It happens many times.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. You could have written the exact words he spoke in Kannada and given a translation to get a feel for the readers the words that made you so happy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, Rajeev but second thoughts made me not to talk of any particular language.. Thanks for the appreciation.. Wishes!

      Delete
  3. Ooh yes that happiness to find someone of our own locality in a foreign land is immense! It's like an immediate friendship is already created with the person, and it feels very homely. Nicely put. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you, Dashy.. Yes.. It's always like a homely feeling in such a context.. Thanks & wishes!

      Delete
  4. It's a pleasure hearing someone speaking your mother tongue, acts like an energy booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rightly said in the context.. Thanks and wishes!

      Delete